General situation of CNC rapid prototyping
CNC Rapid Prototyping technology is developed on the basis of modern CAD/CAM technology, laser technology, computer numerical control technology, precision Servo drive technology and new material technology. Different kinds of rapid prototyping systems have different forming principle and system characteristics because of different forming materials. However, the basic principle is the same, that is, "layered manufacturing, layered stacking", similar to the mathematical integration process. Figuratively speaking, the rapid prototyping system is like a "Stereo printer".
Advantages of CNC Rapid Prototyping Technology
It can directly accept product design (CAD) data without having to prepare any tooling, tooling, or fixture, and quickly create samples, moulds or models of new products. Therefore, the application of CNC rapid prototyping technology can greatly shorten the new product development cycle, reduce the development cost and improve the development quality. From the traditional "removal method" to today's "growth method", from the mold manufacturing to the die-free manufacturing, this is the CNC rapid prototyping technology on the revolutionary significance of the manufacturing industry.
Characteristics of CNC Rapid prototyping Technology
CNC Rapid Prototyping technology will be a solid complex three-dimensional processing discrete into a series of layers of processing, greatly reducing the processing difficulty, with the following characteristics:
(1) The rapid formation of the whole process, suitable for the modern fierce product market;
(2) A three-dimensional entity capable of producing any complex shape;
(3) The direct drive of the CAD model realizes the high integration of design and manufacture, its intuitive and easy modification provides excellent design environment for the perfect design of the product;
(4) The molding process does not need the special fixture, the mold, the tool, not only saves the expense, but also shortens the production cycle.
(5) The high integration of technology is not only the inevitable product of the development of modern science and technology, but also the comprehensive application of them.
The above characteristics determine the CNC rapid prototyping technology is mainly suitable for new product development, fast single and small batch parts manufacturing, complex shape parts manufacturing, mold and model design and manufacturing, but also suitable for refractory materials manufacturing, Shape design inspection, assembly inspection and rapid reverse engineering.